Our goal at OJOOK is to educate and share cross cultural knowledge. In this hero ingredient series, we hope you can learn about OJOOK’s powerful, clean, and exclusive ingredients, chosen by renowned medical experts and ingredient masters.
WHAT IS XYLITOL?
Originated from stunning birch forests of Finland, used in dental care since the 1970s
- Xylitol is a naturally occurring sugar that is found in fruit, vegetables, and berries.
- It is a widely researched and commonly accepted natural sweetener.
WHY IS XYLITOL GOOD FOR ORAL HEALTH?
Reduces cavity-causing bacteria and alleviates dry mouth
- First, xylitol reduces plaque and bacteria build-up, by disrupting their energy production processes. Simply, Xylitol starves bacteria to death.
- Xylitol increases the salivary flow, which is rich in calcium and phosphate, preventing gingival inflammation and erosion of teeth.
- Lastly, it works in great conjunction with nHA, since the increased flow of saliva encourages remineralization.
Our product formulas integrate science, mastery, and honor. We are committed to reshaping mindless routines into mindful rituals, inspiring sacred experiences that define our days. OJOOK's product development philosophy starts with defining the purpose of each product and ingredient, then eliminating the rest. What’s left are the highest quality, innovative and unique ingredients, each serving a distinctly curative and preventative purpose.