Our goal at OJOOK is to educate and share cross cultural knowledge. In this hero ingredient series, we want to highlight one of OJOOK’s most powerful, clean ingredients — nano-hydroxyapatite — which was carefully chosen by our dental experts and ingredient masters.
WHAT IS NANO-HYDROXYAPATITE?
• Nano-hydroxyapatite, or nHA is a natural mineral that makes up 60 to 70% of human hard tissues, including bones, and up to 90% of tooth enamel.
• It was originally created in 1970 by NASA for astronauts to help restore minerals and repair enamel lost in the absence of gravity.
• In Japan, nano-hydroxyapatite has become the gold standard for cavity prevention, teeth brightening, and remineralizing since the 1980s.
WHY DO WE USE IT?
Nano-hydroxyapatite is a superior and innovative ingredient that has many benefits
• First, nano-hydroxyapatite prevents cavities, exhibits a strong ability to bond with proteins, and breaks down fragments of plaque and bacteria.
• Nano-hydroxyapatite has the ability to repair enamel by remineralizing the surface of your teeth and filling and repairing small holes. This also decreases teeth sensitivity and provides pain relief.
• Makes the teeth look more naturally opaque and bright.
• Helps to reduce the risk of oral soft tissue infections such as gingivalis and candida.
• Lastly, nano-hydroxyapatite is a great updated alternative to fluoride without the side effects. It’s safe for every family member.
Our formulas integrate science, mastery, and honor. We are committed to reshaping mindless routines into mindful rituals, inspiring sacred experiences that define our days. OJOOK's product development philosophy starts with defining the purpose of each product and ingredient, then eliminating the rest. What’s left are the highest quality, innovative and unique ingredients, each serving a distinctly curative and preventative purpose.