Our goal at OJOOK is to educate and share cross cultural knowledge. In this hero ingredient series, we want to highlight one of OJOOK's most powerful, clean ingredients — ethically sourced beeswax — which was carefully chosen by our dental experts and ingredient masters.
WHAT IS BEESWAX?
There is evidence of beeswax used in ancient medicine in a variety of applications
• The pharmaceutical use of beeswax dates back to 1550 B.C. in ancient Egypt, and was commonly used as ointments and creams to treat burns, wounds, and soothe joint pain.
• Beeswax is a natural substance secreted by honey bees. The beeswax is what forms the body of the honeycomb.
• Beeswax never goes bad and can be heated and reused.
• Used as an ancient form of dental tooth filling.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEESWAX FOR THE TEETH?
Effective pain and inflammation reducer and ideal lubrication to gums
• Beeswax is used to relieve pain, inflammation, anti-swelling effects, and microbial action against bacteria when used in oral care.
• Beeswax has rich hydrophobic protective properties. Beeswax is a natural product that is known to be an efficient covering material for the water molecules within our skin and on top of it. It helps the skin retain the moisture and protect it from drying up.
• Beeswax is an ideal lubricant to a floss as beeswax adjusts elasticity with different temperatures, it’s hypoallergenic and safe for skin and gums.
Our formulas integrate science, mastery, and honor. We are committed to reshaping mindless routines into mindful rituals, inspiring sacred experiences that define our days. OJOOK’s product development philosophy starts with defining the purpose of each product and ingredient, then eliminating the rest. What’s left are the highest quality, innovative and unique ingredients, each serving a distinctly curative and preventative purpose.